Full-time Fashion Design(1-2 years).
The 1st-year full-time students will have an introduction to determine the learning level required. Thereafter students can develop their knowledge, skills, understanding, and confidence required to work independently.
The 2nd-year full-time students will learn to further develop their design and illustration skills and have the opportunity to explore and specialize in a fashion area of their choice in their final major project and portfolio of work for university or employment.
Projects often link to live briefs and competitions. Students will also go on visits to galleries and exhibitions locally and nationally and have a fantastic opportunity to join a Korean fashion School for a few weeks to experience different fashion styles.
Students will be guided by our Lectures, who are UK trained & fully qualified in an array of specialist subjects. Especially, Ms. Tamara Joseph, a British designer who has 13 years experience as a lecturer in the UK and Hanoi. She also owns a fashion brand and has fashion collections that have been showcased in many countries around the world. Ms. Tamara wants to bring Western fashion perspective to Vietnamese students.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Students will experience a broad range of fashion elements that explore specialist areas. Such as:
- Fashion Design and Concept generation – Research, generate & develop concept ideas that can be created into own 2D designs.
- Illustration – Learn how to create realistic fashion illustrations from life drawing skills
- Garment Pattern-Cutting for Men & Women’s wear – Transform flat 2D designs to flat patterns, create own blocks & paper patterns. Understand the male & female form.
- Garment Manufacture for Men & Women’s wear – Transform flat 2D patterns into 3D constructed garments.
- Textiles – Explore; dying, embroidery, fabric manipulation and surface pattern techniques.
- Visual Communications – Planning photo-shoots, Branding & logo generation – implementing this into appropriate stationary, shop reports.
- Digital Media – Learn how to input sketchbook fashion designs into digital portfolio’s, create digital portfolio boards, technical drawings, branding & logo’s.
- Trend Forecasting – Learn trend prediction that will allow fashion designs to be fresh and unique for every collection.
- Contextual Studies – History of fashion & art, Essay writing, Bibliography & Cite referencing.
- Professional practice – Create personal statements, CV’s, S.W.O.T analysis, Letter writing & applications.
- Portfolio preparation – Created for University or Employment
*End of year runway show
“… Vietnamese students want to be more free, they do not want to stick to the usual Vietnam Fashion, they want to be more contemporary like the Korean or American. I will help them to widen their idea of what Fashion really is…” – Ms. Tamara Joshep – Head of Fashion Design.